Melbourne: Mercedes Team’s flagship driver, Lewis Hamilton, successfully placed himself as the fastest in the qualifying session of the opening series Formula One (F1) 2018 which was held at Albert Park Circuit, Australia. Thr racer nicknamed The Boss recorded a time of 1 minute 21.164 seconds.
Actually, the brilliance of Hamilton at the Albert Park circuit has been going on since the first free practice. The reason, at the free practice session, the British driver was to be the leader with achievement 1-minute 24.026 seconds. This slick performance continued in the second free practice, where Hamilton again became the first, this time with a record of time 1 minute 23,931 seconds.
Meanwhile, the experienced racer belonging to Team Scuderia Ferrari, Kimi Raikkonen, will be very close to Hamilton in the race tomorrow because in the qualifying session he occupies the second position. The Finnish passport driver could only take 1 minute 21.828 seconds.
Actually, the Raikkonen’s performance can be said was stable, because, during the third free practice session, he also occupies the second position. The unfortunate fate was earned by Raikkonen’s team-mate Sebastian Vettel, who finished only third in the qualifying session.
Vettel is only able to record a time of 1 minute 21.838 seconds in qualifying, 0.010 seconds adrift of Raikkonen. Surely it will be a bit difficult for Vettel to be able to oust Hamilton’s position during the race later, given the rival has a good record when drove at Albert Park Circuit.
Vettel’s position was followed by two Red Bull Team riders, Max Verstappen and Daniel Ricciardo, who
However, the unfortunate fate must befall Ricciardo, because in the race tomorrow, the host’s racer had to retreat three positions back from what he earned during qualifying, following a foul on his second free practice.
Here are the full results of the Australian GP 2011 F1 qualifcation:
- 1. Lewis Hamilton GBR Mercedes AMG Petronas Motorsport 1:21.164s
- 2. Kimi Raikkonen FIN Scuderia Ferrari 1:21.828s
- 3. Sebastian Vettel GER Scuderia Ferrari 1:21.838s
- 4. Max Verstappen NED Aston Martin Red Bull Racing 1:21.879s
- 5. Daniel Ricciardo AUS Aston Martin Red Bull Racing 1:22.152s*
- 6. Kevin Magnussen DEN Haas F1 Team 1:23.187s
- 7. Romain Grosjean FRA Haas F1 Team 1:23.339s
- 8. Nico Hulkenberg GER Renault Sport Formula One Team 1:23.532s
- 9. Carlos Sainz Jr. ESP Renault Sport Formula One Team 1:23.577s
- 10. Valtteri Bottas FIN Mercedes AMG Petronas Motorsport No time set
- 11. Fernando Alonso ESP McLaren F1 Team 1:23.692s
- 12. Stoffel Vandoorne BEL McLaren F1 Team 1:24.853s
- 13. Sergio Perez MEX Sahara Force India F1 Team 1:24.005s
- 14. Lance Stroll CAN Williams Martini Racing 1:24.230s
- 15. Esteban Ocon FRA Sahara Force India F1 Team 1:24.786s
- 16. Brendon Hartley NZL Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda 1:24.532s
- 17. Marcus Ericsson SWE Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team 1:24.556s
- 18. Charles Leclerc MON Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team 1:24.636s
- 19. Sergey Sirotkin RUS Williams Martini Racing 1:24.922s
- 20. Pierre Gasly FRA Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda 1:25.295s
Please leave a comment, give a rate and share if you like! Thanks 🙂