Finally, Kawasaki released the all-new Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R MY 2020 with lots of updates. In general, this is an update of the Kawasaki Ninja 650 MY 2017 which is the first to show its predecessor with the most significant changes in the chassis and swing-arm. What can be seen that is present in the Kawasaki Ninja 650 MY2020? Let’s check it!
New Ninja family styling: The design of the front of this bike starts from the Kawasaki Ninja style which is derived from the Kawasaki ZX-10R to the Kawasaki Ninja ZX 250R.
LED lights: The headlights design of the new Ninja 650 MY2020 has lines that are similar to Ninja 250 or Ninja 400.
New full-color TFT dashboard: This one has changed significantly compared to the MY2017 Motorcycle which has a common section design with the Versys 250. The LCD is negative and can be changed to positive and has a lot of important information and also new features.
Smartphone connectivity: This is a new feature approved by the LCD Dashboard. The interconnection between Smartphones and motorcycles uses the Rideology application that Kawasaki has been presented a few years ago.
Dunlop Sportmax Roadsport 2 Tires: These tires will present the impression of lighter handling when the motor is bent.
Increased Passenger Comfort: There is an additional thickness of foam on the pillion seat up to 5
For color variants, this bike comes in three color options in Europe, namely SE with Kawasaki Racing Team WSBK livery, black and white, and black.
Specifications of the All-New Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R MY 2020
- Type: Parallel twin
- Displacement: 649 cc
- Bore x stroke: 83.0 x 60.0mm
- Maximum torque: 48.5 ft/lbs @ 6,500 rpm
- Compression ratio: 10.8:1
- Valvetrain: DOHC, 4vpc
- Fueling: EFI w/ two Keihin 36mm throttle bodies
- Cooling: Liquid
- Transmission: 6-speed w/ Positive Neutral Finder
- Final drive: Sealed chain
- Primary Reduction Ratio 2.095 (88/42)
- Gear Ratios 1st 2.438 (39/16)
- Gear Ratios 2nd 1.714 (36/21)
- Gear Ratios 3rd 1.333 (32/24)
- Gear Ratios 4th 1.111 (30/27)
- Gear Ratios 5th 0.966 (28/29)
- Gear Ratios 6th 0.852 (23/27)
- Final reduction ratio 3.067 (46/15)
- Front suspension; travel: Non-adjustable 41mm fork; 4.9 inches
- Rear suspension; travel: Linkage-assisted spring-preload adjustable shock; 5.1 inches
- Tires: Dunlop Sportmax Roadsport 2
- Front tire: 120/70 x 17
- Rear tire: 160/60 x 17
- Front brakes: 300mm petal discs w/ two-piston calipers
- Rear brake: 220mm petal disc
- ABS: Optional ($400)
Dimension and Capacity
- Wheelbase: 55.5 inches
- Rake: 24 degrees
- Trail: 3.9 degrees
- Seat height: 31.1 inches
- Fuel tank capacity: 4.0 gallons
- Curb weight: 419 pounds (ABS: 423 pounds)
- Metallic Spark Black
- Pearl Blizzard White
- Lime Green/Ebony (Kawasaki Racing Team KRT)