Sakhir, Bahrain: Two Ferrari drivers performed brilliantly in Formula One qualifying round (F1) 2018 second series which took place at Bahrain International Circuit on Saturday, April 7, 2018, Local time. Sebastian Vettel successfully locks the pole position with a record of time 1 minute 27.958 seconds.
Slick results are also followed by Vettel teammate, Kimi Raikkonen. Having had time to occupy pole position in the last qualifying session, but the Finnish driver had to give up from Vettel which only collects the time of 1 minute 28.101 seconds.
With this result, then Vettel chance to repeat his success in F1 last season’s in Bahrain, where he was out as the winner at that time. Not only that, he also has a chance to win a second victory this season after winning the 2018 F1 opener series at Albert Park Circuit, Melbourne, Australia.
But this victory will not be obtained easily. Due to behind the Ferrari’s duet there is one Mercedes driver who is ready to stalk the Italian team. Valtteri Bottas successfully occupy the third position after recorded of time 1 minute 28.124 seconds.
Unfortunately, Bottas’ good results failed followed by his colleague Lewis Hamilton who actually occupies the fourth position with a record of time 1 minute 28.220. But The Boss, Hamilton’s nickname, had to retreat five places after being awarded a penalty.
Then the fourth position will be occupied Red Bull Team racer, Daniel Ricciardo. The Australian racer managed to record a time of 1 minute 28.398. Unfortunately, his colleague had to start the race
Meanwhile, surprising results obtained by Red Bull Toro Rosso Team racer, Pierre Gasly. The driver who will start his debut as a full season racer has successfully occupied the fifth position with a record time of 1 minute 29.329 seconds.
Here is the latest classification from the qualifying session at the Sakhir Circuit in Bahrain.
- Sebastian Vettel Ferrari 1:27.958
- Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari +0.143
- Valtteri Bottas Mercedes +0.166
- Lewis Hamilton Mercedes +0.262 *5 place grid penalty
- Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing +0.440
- Pierre Gasly Toro Rosso +1.371
- Kevin Magnussen Haas +1.400
- Nico Hulkenberg Renault +1.612
- Esteban Ocon Force India +1.916
- Carlos Sainz Renault +2.028
Q2 Results: (Bottom five are eliminated)
- Sebastian Vettel Ferrari 1:28.341
- Lewis Hamilton Mercedes +0.117
- Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari +0.174
- Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing +0.453
- Valtteri Bottas Mercedes +0.621
- Nico Hulkenberg Renault +0.846
- Kevin Magnussen Haas +1.282
- Carlos Sainz Renault +1.461
- Pierre Gasly Toro Rosso +1.495
- Esteban Ocon Force India +1.668
- Brendon Hartley Toro Rosso +1.764
- Sergio Perez Force India +1.815
- Fernando Alonso McLaren +1.871
- Stoffel Vandoorne McLaren +2.184
- Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing No time
Q1 Results: (Bottom five are eliminated)
- Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari 1:28.951
- Sebastian Vettel Ferrari +0.109
- Valtteri Bottas Mercedes +0.324
- Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing +0.423
- Lewis Hamilton Mercedes +0.445
- Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing +0.601
- Kevin Magnussen Haas +0.643
- Carlos Sainz Renault +0.942
- Pierre Gasly Toro Rosso +1.170
- Sergio Perez Force India +1.267
- Nico Hulkenberg Renault +1.309
- Esteban Ocon Force India +1.387
- Brendon Hartley Toro Rosso +1.461
- Stoffel Vandoorne McLaren +1.528
- Fernando Alonso McLaren +1.579
- Romain Grosjean Haas +1.579
- Marcus Ericsson Sauber +2.112
- Sergei Sirotkin Williams +2.463
- Charles Leclerc Sauber +2.469
- Lance Stroll Williams +2.552
Please leave a comment, give a rate and share if you like! Thanks 🙂