Misano, San Marino: The results of the first MotoGP San Marino 2020 free practice session just ended on Friday afternoon (11/09/2020) local time. When you see the results of the inaugural training session, two Yamaha riders managed to master the list of the fastest riders at the Misano Circuit.
Since the beginning, Yamaha riders were seeded in the 2020 San Marino MotoGP. Because the YZR-M1 motorbike belonging to the Japanese factory team was said to be very suitable to the Misano Circuit track.
Maverick Vinales from Monster Energy Yamaha also managed to become the fastest in the first free practice session. Top Gun; the nickname Vinales was able to record a time of 1 minute 32.198 seconds.
Just below Vinales, Fabio Quartararo became the second Yamaha rider to dominate the front ranks on the fastest list in the inaugural session at Misano. The Petronas Yamaha SRT rider is in second place with only 0.550 seconds difference from the best time recorded by Vinales.
The surprise came from the racer who finished third, which was occupied by Aleix Espargaro from Aprilia Gresini. Espargaro was able to appear quite promising in the inaugural training session for the 2020 San Marino MotoGP, so it’s no wonder he is in third place.
Another Aprilia racer, Bradley Smith, was even able to perform well at the Misano Circuit. Smith managed to occupy the fifth position, or still behind Johann Zarco from Reale Avintia Ducati who was in fourth place.
Meanwhile, the other two Yamaha riders were unlucky. Valentino Rossi could only finish in 11th position, followed by Franco Morbidelli who finished 12th. Ducati’s mainstay rider, Andrea Dovizioso alone could only become the 14th fastest racer in the session.
Following are the results of the 2020 San Marino MotoGP Free Practice Session 1:
- Maverick Viñales SPA Monster Yamaha (YZR-M1) 1’32.198s 21/21 290k
- Fabio Quartararo FRA Petronas Yamaha (YZR-M1) + 0.550s 24/24 289k
- Aleix Espargaro SPA Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) + 0.751s 16/18 292k
- Johann Zarco FRA Reale Avintia (GP19) + 0.983s 18/20 294k
- Bradley Smith GBR Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) + 1.046s 19/21 293k
- Joan Mir SPA Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) + 1,299s 13/18 291k
- Jack Miller AUS Pramac Ducati (GP20) + 1.304s 11/17 296k
- Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) + 1.340s 17/18 295k
- Pol Espargaro SPA Red Bull KTM (RC16) + 1.371s 11/19 297k
- Takaaki Nakagami JPN LCR Honda (RC213V) + 1,456s 20/20 292k
- Valentino Rossi ITA Monster Yamaha (YZR-M1) + 1.495s 20/21 286k
- Franco Morbidelli ITA Petronas Yamaha (YZR-M1) + 1.496s 8/21 289k
- Brad Binder RSA Red Bull KTM (RC16) * + 1,630s 21/21 293k
- Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (GP20) + 1,670s 13/18 296k
- Alex Marquez SPA Repsol Honda (RC213V) * + 1,723s 21/22 296k
- Alex Rins SPA Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) + 1,842s 18/20 292k
- Danilo Petrucci ITA Ducati Team (GP20) + 1.903s 17/18 294k
- Francesco Bagnaia ITA Pramac Ducati (GP20) + 1.956s 7/17 296k
- Stefan Bradl GER Repsol Honda (RC213V) + 2.125s 11/20 295k
- Iker Lecuona SPA Red Bull KTM Tech3 (RC16) * + 2.355s 12/20 290k
- Tito Rabat SPA Reale Avintia (GP19) + 2.421s 21/23 293k
- Miguel Oliveira POR Red Bull KTM Tech3 (RC16) + 2.447s 14/19 294k