Misano, San Marino: Yamaha riders again showed an amazing performance at the Misano Circuit during their second free practice session at the MotoGP San Marino 2020, Friday, September 11 2020 in the afternoon local time. If previously the factory Yamaha rider, Maverick Vinales was the fastest, now it is the rider from the satellite team, Fabio Quartararo, to stand in the first position.
Yes, Quartararo managed to become the fastest in the second free practice session of the 2020 San Marino MotoGP. Interestingly, the Petronas Yamaha SRT rider got the fastest status on the last lap of the session.
Quartararo was astonishingly able to go very fast on the last lap and surpassed his teammate Franco Morbidelli’s record time who previously topped the list of fastest riders in the second free practice session.
Because his time was overtaken by Quartararo, Morbidelli had to settle for second place. Morbidelli’s appearance is actually no less great than Quartararo, but he still has to be willing to have his position removed by the French rider.
Then in the third position, there is a rider from KTM Red Bull, Pol Espargaro. KTM has again shown significant developments at the start of the 2020 MotoGP. Pol managed to finish third in this session because he performed well and was able to get the most out of the RC16 motorbike.
Following Pol’s time, there was a KTM Tech3 satellite team; Iker Lecuona. Lecuona did give a surprise in the second free practice session of the 2020 MotoGP San Marino because he was able to control the fourth position on the list of the fastest riders in the session.
After Lecuona, there are two Monster Energy Yamaha riders; Valentino Rossi who is in fifth and there is Vinales who is in sixth. Mission Winnow Ducati racer, Andrea Dovizioso, still struggled to find the best speed at the Misano Circuit and had to settle for finishing 11th in the second free practice session.
Following are the results of the 2020 San Marino MotoGP Second Free Practice Session:
- Fabio Quartararo FRA Petronas Yamaha (YZR-M1)
- Franco Morbidelli ITA Petronas Yamaha (YZR-M1)
- Pol Espargaro SPA Red Bull KTM Factory (RC16)
- Iker Lecuona SPA Red Bull KTM Tech3 (RC16)
- Valentino Rossi ITA Monster Yamaha (YZR-M1)
- Maverick Viñales SPA Monster Yamaha (YZR-M1)
- Danilo Petrucci ITA Ducati Team (GP20)
- Brad Binder RSA Red Bull KTM Factory (RC16)
- Miguel Oliveira POR Red Bull KTM Tech3 (RC16)
- Aleix Espargaro ITA Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP)
- Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (GP20)
- Takaaki Nakagami JPN LCR Honda (RC213V)
- Alex Rins SPA Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)
- Johann Zarco FRA Reale Avintia Ducati (GP19)
- Joan Mir SPA Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR)
- Jack Miller AUS Pramac Ducati (GP20)
- Francesco Bagnaia ITA Pramac Ducati (GP20)
- Bradley Smith GBR Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP)
- Stefan Bradl GER Repsol Honda (RC213V)
- Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V)
- Alex Marquez SPA Repsol Honda (RC213V)
- Tito Rabat SPA Reale Avintia Ducati (GP19)