Various surprises occur in the fourth series of 2018 MotoGP which was held at the Jerez Circuit, Spain. How not, at least seven riders failed to finish in this race because of the accident. However, these accidents are certainly an advantage for other racers.
Actually, the race started pretty tight. LCR Honda Team racer Cal Crutchlow, who occupied pole position, he could not maintain its place. Because too busy to compete with Tech3 rider Yamaha, Johann Zarco, when the new race began, the first position was quickly taken over by Ducati Corse racer, Jorge Lorenzo.
In harmony with Lorenzo, Dani Pedrosa from Repsol Honda also took a similar step and took second place in the early race. In the end, the competition in the leading position also involves between Lorenzo, Pedrosa, and then Marc Marquez (Repsol Honda), who is able to pass the obstacles from Zarco.
As a race leader, Lorenzo tries to maintain his position as good as possible when duo Repsol Honda tried to push him. However, in the end, Lorenzo had to give up because he made a mistake with too wide when passing the bend. Lorenzo position was taken over by Marquez whom in this race appears to dominate.
Competition in the front row then becomes more interesting when the other Ducati Corse rider, Andrea Dovizioso was able to rush into the ranks of the top four and even overtake Pedrosa to be able to occupy the third position. The battle between the four riders was interesting, considering the distance between them are fairly close.
Nevertheless, entering the 17th lap, catastrophes hit the racers in the front row. Starting from Dovizioso who overtook Lorenzo, the X-Fuera then tried to spur his bike faster into the inner side in order to reclaim his position. Unfortunately, when Lorenzo took the inside, he did not see Pedrosa trying to overtake him from behind. As the results, Lorenzo crashed Pedrosa who then dragged Dovizioso also in this incidents.
With the incident, the three racers were instantly unable to continue the race. The accident happened after Crutchlow, Alex Rins, and Aleix Espargaro also suffered an incident. In the end, Marquez was easy to win the race this time with a time of 41 minutes 39.678 seconds.
Marquez position followed by Zarco who finished second
Here are the 2018 Jerez MotoGP Race Results:
- Marc Marquez ESP Repsol Honda (RC213V) 41m 39.678s
- Johann Zarco FRA Monster Yamaha Tech3 (YZR-M1) 41m 44.919s
- Andrea Iannone ITA Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 41m 47.892s
- Danilo Petrucci ITA Pramac Ducati (GP18) 41m 48.295s
- Valentino Rossi ITA Movistar Yamaha (YZR-M1) 41m 48.421s
- Jack Miller AUS Pramac Ducati (GP17) 41m 49.446s
- Maverick Viñales ESP Movistar Yamaha (YZR-M1) 41m 53.221s
- Alvaro Bautista ESP Angel Nieto Team (GP17) 41m 53.754s
- Franco Morbidelli ITA EG 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V)* 41m 56.500s
- Mika Kallio FIN Red Bull KTM Factory (RC16) 41m 59.083s
- Pol Espargaro ESP Red Bull KTM Factory (RC16) 42m 0.827s
- Takaaki Nakagami JPN LCR Honda (RC213V)* 42m 0.852s
- Bradley Smith GBR Red Bull KTM Factory (RC16) 42m 1.443s
- Tito Rabat ESP Reale Avintia (GP17) 42m 1.781s
- Scott Redding GBR Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 42m 16.433s
- Hafizh Syahrin MAL Monster Yamaha Tech3 (YZR-M1)* 42m 21.539s
- Xavier Simeon ESP Reale Avintia (GP16)* 42m 28.919s
- Karel Abraham CZE Angel Nieto Team (GP16) +1 lap
Jorge Lorenzo ESP Ducati Team (GP18) DNF
Andrea Dovizioso ITA Ducati Team (GP18) DNF
Dani Pedrosa ESP Repsol Honda (RC213V) DNF
Cal Crutchlow GBR LCR Honda (RC213V) DNF
Thomas Luthi SWI EG 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V)* DNF
Alex Rins ESP Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) DNF
Aleix Espargaro ESP Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) DNF
Please leave a comment, give a rate and share if you like! Thanks 🙂
You might be interested in watching the videos below 🙂