Termas de Rio Hondo, Argentina: Being a champion in the GP Argentina managed to make Cal Crutchlow occupy the highest throne standings MotoGP 2018. The British rider is collecting the highest total points in the initial two series, 38 points. Earlier, in the first game at Losail Circuit, Qatar, mid-March 2018, Crutchlow managed to finish fourth and won 13 points. This became a good enough stock for him in order to fight in the struggle for the world title.
Second place filled Andrea Dovizioso with 35 points or 3 points disagreement from Crutchlow. He must be satisfied just finish in sixth place behind Maverick Vinales so only got 10 points.
The 2018 MotoGP Argentina GP was truly unique, where the leading places belong to the satellite team. How not, Johann Zarco from Yamaha Tech 3 team managed to be runner-up behind Crutchlow.
Zarco, who is the targetted by several manufacturers teams to join, capable to sit on the third position of this 2018 season with a total of 28 points. In the earlier series, he finished in eighth, when he had a chance to be a winner there.
While the two whiz, Marc Marquez and Valentio Rossi, each in the position of fifth (20 points) and eighth (16 points). Both of them have been started to have a good relationship since the feud occurred in 2015, this time
their relationship heated up again due to an incident.
With this result, Cal Crutchlow climbed to the top of the standings with 38 points. Meanwhile, Marc Marquez, who was third in the field, dropped two places to fifth, while Valentino Rossi inhabited eighth, from the previous fifth.
In fact, Rossi was ranked sixth in the last four laps remaining in Argentina GP. Due to fall, Rossi must be ranked 19th, without getting the slightest point. I do not know if this will end up in conflict again like 2015 ago, we’ll see.
Here are the 2018 MotoGP standings after Argentina GP
- Cal Crutchlow LCR Honda (RC213V) 38 points
- Andrea Dovizioso Ducati Team (GP18) 35 points
- Johann Zarco Monster Yamaha Tech3 (YZR-M1) 28 points
- Maverick Vieales Movistar Yamaha (YZR-M1) 21 points
- Marc Marquez Repsol Honda (RC213V) 20 points
- Jack Miller Pramac Ducati (GP17) 19 points
- Danilo Petrucci Pramac Ducati (GP18) 17 points
- Valentino Rossi Movistar Yamaha (YZR-M1) 16 points
- Alex Rins Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 16 points
- Andrea Iannone Suzuki Ecstar (GSX-RR) 15 points
- Tito Rabat Reale Avintia (GP17) 14 points
- Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda (RC213V) 9 points
- Hafizh Syahrin Monster Yamaha Tech3 (YZR-M1) 9 points
- Franco Morbidelli EG 0,0 Marc VDS (RC213V) 6 points
- Pol Espargaro Red Bull KTM Factory (RC16) 5 points
- Scott Redding Factory Aprilia Gresini (RS-GP) 4 points
- Alvaro Bautista Angel Nieto Team (GP17) 3 points
- Takaaki Nakagami LCR Honda (RC213V) 3 points
- Karel Abraham Angel Nieto Team (GP16) 1 points
- Jorge Lorenzo Ducati Team (GP18) 1 points
Please leave a comment, give a rate and share if you like! Thanks 🙂